Thursday, January 11, 2007

dumb false gods

so i was in my local chinese food store getting some waton soup which i love and i see this thing on the counter i've never seen this before in my life so i took a pic of it and i researched it to find out what kind of chinese god it was. so anyways it's the chinese money god susposely the chinese people believe if u give this god some money as offerning(the frog) and he will grant i luck for all your days. so i asked myself why do people in this world put their trust in stupit statues and etc to give them stuff. where in says in gods word that whatever u ask of me i will give it to you. i don't understand we have wonderful amazing god who has a wonderful plan for us and he says if u ask me i will give it to u.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I know this may seem alternative but sometimes it is good to put things into cultural perspective. I believe there are many ways to Jesus Christ. Cultures are one of the vibrant expressions of God's complexity. Asian religious practices are not infused with Christian tradition. That said, I won't put my hopes in any statue but I appreciate the symbolism of the statue as an expression of culture.

Katie said...

Nancy -

I wish I was eating that wonton soup with you! :)

Katie.

Anonymous said...

Nancy. . . I broke down and bought the Buddha statue ! I thought I should tell you.

M